ABOUT YOUSSEF KHAZEM
1957 - 2021
- Leicester University, UK 1985–1986 M.A. Mass Communication
- Lebanese University, Beirut 1978–1983 B.A. Information and Documentation
- Al-Watan, Jeddah- 2008-2012
- BBC World Service Trust, London - 2006-2008
- Asharq Al-Awsat, London - 2004-2006
- Al-Hayat, London - 1988-2004
- Al-Tadamon, London - 1987-1988
- Centre for Lebanese Studies, Oxford - 1986-1990
- As-Safir, Beirut - 1982-1984
- 2001: 6 field reports from Nuba Mountains (Sudan) were sold by Al-Hayat to Al-Qabas, Kuwait and published simultaneously in both dailies.
- 2001: The only Arab journalist to report from Sudanese oil fields controlled by SPLA rebels in Southern Sudan.
- 1998: The only Arab and international journalist reporting from the disputed Hanish Islands, Red Sea, before international arbitration ruling.
- 1997: Trained 16 Palestinian journalists in cooperation with “FOJO”, the Swedish Institute for Further Education of Journalists, and Beir Zeit University (26 January–1 February).
- 1996: The only Arab and international journalist who managed to board the plane carrying President Mobutu's family when he was ousted from power in Zaire (now the DRC).
- 1996: Participated in a UNDP fact finding trip to Yemen and Djibouti and reported for the UNDP magazine "Choices" (8 -17 October).
- 1993: The only Arab journalist accompanying the arrival of US troops in Somalia.
- 1991: The only Arab journalist reporting from Somaliland when it became a self-declared republic.